Rogers Publishing Presents…
Rogers Publishing Limited is Canada’s largest and most dynamic and diversified publisher of magazines and communications products. Our newly created M-School will provide interns with the opportunity to gain invaluable hands-on experience that will supplement, complement and enhance the classroom experience, an opportunity to interact with some of the industry’s most influential leaders, and exposure to different areas of the business through a curriculum of seminars featuring speakers from various areas of the company.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a post-secondary program or a recent graduate of a post-secondary program.
- A strong interest and/or in the Publishing or Media industries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications
If applying for design/photo or digital publishing opportunity, strong knowledge in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, CSS and Dreamweaver is requiredThe Process:
- Please apply online to www.rogerspublishing.ca/internships
- Please include a resume and an essay of up to 500 words as to why you would like to be considered for this internship opportunity.
- If applicable, please provide personal website address, portfolio or any relevant material/samples of work
- Only candidates selected will be contacted for an interview
Submissions for the 2014 M-School Internship Program are now closed. New applications are no longer being accepted.
We will begin to accept applications for the Summer 2015 program on November 1st, 2014. Thank you for your interest in M-School.
Interns May be Placed in the Following areas:
You will be placed in one of our Consumer or Business to Business publications and be given the opportunity to fact-check, contribute ideas to magazine lineups, write web content, short articles or sidebars, source images, and build online articles.
You will be placed with one of our Consumer or Business to Business brands and will be asked to assist with researching prospective clients, preparing media kits and client presentations, and sales reporting. You may also be given the opportunity to participate in new business development in an integrated and multi-platform environment.
You will work closely with all members of the Art department to execute the vision of the magazine. Interns may be asked to design pages for the print and tablet editions, or for in-house advertisements.
You will work closely with our In House Photographer and assist with photo shoots, photo research and coordinate use of the photo studio.
Production Operations/Digital Publishing
The Production Operations group is involved in nearly every aspect of our publishing operation. From scheduling and managing the production of our print and digital products, to prepress, premedia, imaging, content workflow and advertising operations. Most recently, the Ops group added resources to manage and produce apps, eBooks and enhanced/interactive iPad editions across all brands—consumer and business-to-business—in two cities, Montreal and Toronto.